COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING AGENDA for August 1, 2012, 9:00 a.m.
AGENDA FOR THE REGULAR SESSION OF THE
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF MADISON COUNTY, FL,
TO BE HELD AT THE COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
COURTHOUSE ANNEX, WEDNESDAY,
August 1, 2012, 9:00 a.m.
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
PETITIONS FROM THE PUBLIC – FIVE (5) MINUTE LIMIT
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FROM THE REGULAR MEETING HELD July 18, 2012.
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FROM THE SPECIAL MEETING HELD July 17, 2012.
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FROM THE SPECIAL MEETING HELD July 18, 2012.
1. Constitutional Officers
2. County Attorney
3. County Coordinator
1. Approval of Agreement with the Florida Department of Transportation to Resurface or Reconstruct SW Overstreet Ave. from SW Firetower Road to US Hwy 221/SR 55.
2. Approval of Resolution 2012-08-01; Authorizing Chair to Execute the Agreement of the Small County Road Assistance Program with the Florida Department of Transportation.
3. Re-appointment of Julia Shewchuk and Dale Gibson to the Planning and Zoning Board.
4. Appointment of Jon Williamson to the Original Florida Tourism Task Force.
5. Approval of Renewal for Dental and Vision Plans Available for Purchase by County Employees.
6. Approval of United Healthcare Services, Inc. Billing and Collection Agreement.
7. Approval of Sheriff’s Department Employee Payoffs in the Amounts of $1871.47 and $7939.31.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
1. Discussion Regarding Invoices from CSX Railroad for Maintenance Work Done at Railroad Crossings.
1. Review and Discussion of Ordinances Regulating Internet Café Style Businesses.
2. Discussion Concerning Resolution for Septic Tank Permitting.
1. 9:00 a.m. Public Hearing to Approve an Ordinance Amending Ordinance 2003-126, Relating to the Madison County Park and Boat Ramp Located on Cherry Lake.
2. Approval of Lease Agreements Between Madison County and the North Florida Broadband Authority for Assets Considered as In-Kind Contributions – County Attorney and Mr. Allen Cherry.
3. Review with Possible Action on Steves Engineering, Inc. Contract to Provide Miscellaneous Civil Engineering, Environmental, Surveying and Geotechnical Services as Needed for Madison County – County Attorney and Mr. Allen Cherry.
4. Discussion of Interlocal Agreement Between Madison County and the Town of Greenville for Use of Mosquito Spray Equipment – County Attorney and Mr. Jamie Willoughby.
5. Review with Possible Action of Bids Submitted for Real Property, Commonly Referred to as the “Old Senior Citizens Building.” – Mr. Allen Cherry.
6. Discussion Regarding Use of Tourist Development Dollars to Construct a Trail Facility at Hanson – Ms. Cindy Vees.
7. Discussion Regarding Use of Tourist Development Dollars to Construct Coverings over Bleachers at the Recreation Park – Ms. Cindy Vees.
8. Discussion of Interlocal Agreement with the City of Madison for Fire Protection Services – Commissioner Vickers.