COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MEETING AGENDA for August 15, 2012 at 4:00 pm
AGENDA FOR THE REGULAR SESSION OF THE
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF MADISON COUNTY, FL,
TO BE HELD AT THE COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
COURTHOUSE ANNEX, WEDNESDAY,
August 15, 2012, 4:00 p.m.
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
PETITIONS FROM THE PUBLIC – FIVE (5) MINUTE LIMIT
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FROM THE REGULAR MEETING HELD August 1, 2012.
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FROM THE SPECIAL MEETING HELD AUGUST 1, 2012.
1. Approval of Letter to Governor Scott Requesting Waiver of 12.5% FEMA Match Requirement.
2. Submittal letter to Dept. of Agriculture to resubmit grant application for old Ag Building.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
1. Approval to replace 2 employees at Road Department – Lonnie Thigpen.
2. Discussion of claim for damage to County guardrail as a result of an accident occurring in November,
2011. – Lonnie Thigpen.
3. Consideration of Interlocal Agreement between Madison County and the Town of Greenville for Use of
Mosquito Spray Equipment – County Attorney and Mr. Jamie Willoughby.
1. Discussion Regarding Use of Tourist Development Dollars to Construct a Trail Facility at Hanson – Ms.
2. Discussion Regarding Use of Tourist Development Dollars to Construct Coverings over Bleachers at the
Recreation Park – Ms. Cindy Vees.
1. Presentation by the Department of Children and Families (DCF) Regarding Upcoming Changes – Mr.
2. Introduction of the New Director of Suwannee River Water Management District, Dr. Ann Shortelle by
Al Alexander, SRWMD board member.
3. Public Hearing – Temporary Use Permit #12-01 – Request from Jackie Walsingham to allow additional
dwelling on 3 acres in A-1 to take care of her mother.
4. Consideration of Lease Agreements Between Madison County and the North Florida Broadband
Authority for Assets Considered as In-Kind Contributions – County Attorney and Mr. Allen Cherry.
5. Consideration to allow Ag Center to be used for 2nd Annual North Florida Cattle Battle to be held
October 19 & 20, 2012